1900 Arlington Boulevard Ste B
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Duane H. Zobrist is an attorney at law practicing in the areas of corporate and business law with special emphasis on business and tax planning; banking; finance; securities offerings; domestic and international mergers and acquisitions; and international business, finance, and trade transactions. He is also a mediator for complex civil litigation.
He is currently practicing in Charlottesville, Virginia, with Zobrist Law Group. He is a former Senior Partner at Carlsmith Ball, a major Pacific Rim law firm, with offices throughout the Pacific Basin, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and Mexico, D.F.
Mr. Zobrist was a member of the Boy Scouts of America in the San Gabriel Valley Council; a member of Board of Directors from 1982–1992; the District Chairman from 1982–1983, the Vice President from 1984–1985, and a recipient of the Silver Beaver. Mr. Zobrist is a member of the Executive Board of the Stonewall Jackson Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America from 2006–present, and was President of the Stonewall Jackson Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America from 2007–2011. He served as President of the Rotary Club of Charlottesville from 2005–2006.
Mr. Zobrist was an Appointee for the Albemarle County Planning Commission from 2006–2010 and 2010-2013.
Mr. Zobrist is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; serving recently as Director of the Mexico City Temple Visitor’s Center. He served as a Mission President in Brazil from 1998-2003, a stake president’s counselor, bishop, high councilor and a full-time missionary in Brazil.
- Born in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Married Sharon Ann Jones (5 children, 16 grandchildren)
- Hobbies: Falconry, fishing
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
Honors: Phi Delta Phi
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- “Businessman’s Legal Guide to Doing Business in the United States,” (Co-Author), 1992
- Instructor, University of California, Los Angeles, 1993 – 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- University of Southern California Law Alumni Association, Member, Board of Directors, 1967 – 1991
- President, University of Southern California Law Alumni Association, 1977 – 1978
- Legion Lex, Trustee, 1981 – 1984
- Legion Lex, Trustee, 1991 – 1992
- Brazil-California Trade Association, Trustee, 1974 – 1991
- Brazil-California Trade Association, President, 1979 – 1981
- United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Member, Board of Directors, 1981 – 1998
- United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, President, 1986 – 1988
- United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, President, 1991 – 1994
- United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Chair, 1994 – 1998
- United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, Chairman Emeritus
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Carlsmith Ball, Senior Partner, 1988 – 1998
- Phi Delta Phi